Calcium chloride (CaCl2) is a chemical compound consisting of calcium and chlorine. This substance is very soluble in water, strongly absorbs moisture and is known as a desiccant. This material should be stored in airtight and moisture-proof packages. This salt is soluble in water, so it is used as a suitable source of calcium in substitution reactions and easily replaces another cation.
Calcium chloride has many uses in the industry, such as:
- -Use in oil and gas drilling
- -Melting ice and snow on the roads
- -Soil stabilization and control of dust and fine particles in roads and deserts
- -Accelerating the clogging process in concrete
- -Industrial processes such as plastic industries, calcium salt production, facilitating the wastewater treatment process, etc.
This product is mainly used in industrial application, including concrete acceleration, tire weighting and brine refrigertion systems. it may also be used as a calcuum source for chemical processing, as an addintive to oil well completion fluids and as a dust suppressant on unpaved roads and parking lots.